Overlanding is an exciting journey that pushes boundaries and tests your grit.
It’s about exploration, but what makes the journey successful is thorough preparation. There’s a sense of accomplishment when a meticulously planned trip unfolds seamlessly. Mission accomplished!
An essential piece of kit for overlanding is a water tank, and one of the easiest ways to carry extra water is using a spare tire water tank. It offers the convenience of saving space while ensuring you have ample water supply.
In this blog post, we will discuss what you need to consider before buying a spare tire water tank.
Reading through the following points, you’ll be well-equipped to choose a spare tire water tank that suits your needs, ensuring confidence for any overlanding adventure.
How to Select the Right Spare Tire Water Tank for Your Overlanding Vehicle:
- Understand Your Needs: Firstly, it’s crucial to understand your unique requirements based on the trip you’re planning. Consider the number of people accompanying you and the average daily water need. We strongly suggest carrying more water than needed to maintain peace of mind and cater to other needs such as washing dishes, setting up a makeshift shower, or extending your stay.
- Size and Compatibility: When choosing a spare tire water tank, ensure it matches the size of your spare tire. Mismatching sizes can lead to installation problems, water leaks, or even potential damage to the tank or tire. This is where the Trail’d tank offers a significant advantage. Its design allows for easy installation on almost all vehicles in the spare tire section. We recommend purchasing a mounting ring for durable installation. You can also stack tanks for additional water storage while maintaining balance, preventing frustrating installation issues or potential tank damage when you need water the most.
- Material and Durability: Overlanding is challenging, and your equipment needs to withstand tough conditions. Choose a tank made from food-grade, BPA-free materials to ensure water safety. Ensure the tank is UV-stabilised to prevent material breakdown under constant sun exposure. The Trail’d tank, manufactured with high-density polyethylene, promises durability, safety, and longevity.
- Easy Maintenance and Installation: Though we’ve touched on installation earlier, it’s important enough to warrant a second mention. Look for a tank that’s easy to install, dismantle, clean, and maintain. While the market offers cheaper water tanks, those challenging to install or maintain are not worth your time. The Trail’d tank is user-friendly and easy to maintain, promising years of adventure.
- Budget: Budget is always a consideration. The Trail’d tank balances cost and quality effectively, making it a worthwhile investment for any overlander.
Overlanding is about seeking adventure, and meticulous preparation and high-quality equipment can significantly enhance your trip.
The spare tire water tank you select can influence your journey’s enjoyment. We believe the Trail’d tank, with its durability, practicality, and excellent design, is the top choice for any overlanding vehicle. It guarantees that the spare water you need will be available when required!
Before you embark on your journey, ensure the spare tire water tank you select addresses the above features and that you’re comfortable using the tank. Safe travels and thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to check out the Trail’d tank here, which comes with two months FREE access to the onX Off Road app, making trail discovery a breeze!